- Chelsea are unbeaten in 13 matches against Watford in all competitions since a 1-0 Premier League defeat in September 1999.
- This will be both Watford and Chelsea’s first fixture on a Monday since they played out a 4-3 thriller in May last year, won by Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
- All three of Chelsea’s Premier League goals at Vicarage Road have come in the 80th minute or later – a 92nd-minute winner by Salomon Kalou in 2007, and goals by Michy Batshuayi and Diego Costa in 2016.
- Chelsea’s 50-point tally after 25 games this season is 10 fewer than at this stage last season on their way to the title.
- Chelsea have won only two of their nine competitive matches in 2018.
- Chelsea have won five consecutive Premier League matches played on a Monday since a 2-2 home draw against Tottenham Hotspur in May 2016.
- Only Manchester United have conceded fewer than the 19 goals let in by Chelsea in the league this season.
- Chelsea have scored a league-high 13 headed goals this season. Since his Premier League debut in August 2012, Olivier Giroud has scored an unrivalled 27 headers in the division.
- Cesc Fabregas needs one goal to become the third Spanish player, after Fernando Torres and Diego Costa, to score 50 in the Premier League for Chelsea.
Courtois; Azpilicueta, Cahill, Rüdiger; Moses, Bakayoko, Fabregas, Kante, Alonso; Willian, Hazard
Tonight may well be Antonio Conte’s final chance to keep his job at Chelsea. If the players really are still behind their manager, they have to show it at Vicarage Road. Only a win will do. 1-2